Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm Proud Of You, Ryan

I'm quite proud of my oldest son today.

For 2 reasons.

First, he celebrated his very first Fathers' Day Sunday. Little Micah is almost 9 months old now, and Ryan, at age 26, has been a terrific Dad. It's been a thrill watching him step into that role and fill it with ease and delight. He's gonna be a nurturing father and my grandson is surely going to know that he's loved and cared for and protected. Ryan is a dutiful husband to Christie and helps her so much. They are soulmates...and a tremendous team. You can't avoid seeing the obvious deep affection they have for each other. It's in their eyes. Micah is more blessed than he can realize now.

But I also rejoice this day because over the weekend the three of them moved into their new home. They've been in the process of buying it for months, and finally sold their last residence recently.The new house is a beautiful place with a great front porch, lots of room, a big garage, and a huge yard. It's somewhat secluded, too. Many trees. Micah will have loads of fun growing up there!

Part of the reason for my pride over this today is that it confirms again for me that Ryan is a young man with initiative. He's always demonstrated that. He's disciplined and focused. He has vision and goals. Pardon me for saying it, but I believe he's gonna go places one day! I love him deeply. He's a hard worker, and I'm sure that he and Christie will have that new house looking like a palace! I'm equally certain that they'll use their new dwelling as a place of hospitality and ministry. That's their pattern already.

Keep dreaming big dreams, son. And keep your eyes on Jesus. There's no limit to what God might do with you!

1 comment:

J.Ryan Davidson said...

Thanks so much dad. I learned a lot of my love for life and initiative from you. You have taught me to appreciate all that life and God brings. Thank you for your word. I love and cherish you...my front porch is always open to you...